Vacuum sealing is the method of packaging, that can removes all air out from the packet. This method can be done manually or automatically by placing the materials in to a plastic film package, then all air should be removed from the packet, and then sealing to be done on the packet.
By vacuum sealing, oxygen is removed from the packet, so it may extend the shelf life of the materials inside the packet. Vacuum sealing is generally used to preserve dry food for a long time like meats, nuts, cheese, coffee, cereals, smoked fish crisps etc. It may also be used to preserve such food like vegetables, liquids or fresh foods.
Vacuum sealing is the best way to extend the shelf life of food and it also prevent the frozen foods from freezer burn. Vacuum sealing may done by machine or without machine at home. It may need to any time at household.
♦ Way 1
But buying a vacuum sealing machine may seems expensive to you. So, you must try to find the cheapest way for vacuum sealing. Here is the cheapest way for vacuum sealing. You just need two things:
- Zip-top bag
By vacuum sealing, air is removed from packaging to eliminate the oxidation effect. The oxidation effect can cause damage to your food. It also keeps the food fresh for a long time and it also reduces the volume, so you can store more food or other thing in the same space.
This straw method may not be as effective as the vacuum sealing machine. But you can go with it for its low expense. It works well also. The procedure is,
- Take a freezer safe plastic zip-top bag and place your food in the bag.
- Zip it almost totally and leave a minimum slit for inserting a straw.
- Suck out all the air out with the straw.
- When all air is out, pull it quickly and lock the zip bag
That’s all you can vacuum seal very easily at home without any machine.
♦ Way 2
There is another process for vacuum sealing at home with the help of water. The steps are,
- Take a small plastic zip-top bag and put food or whatever you want to seal in the bag. Keep the bag open.
- Put the small plastic zip-bag into a full bowl light warm water.
- Take out all the air from the packet with hand.
- When all air is out, quickly take it out of the water and lock the bag keeping a little bit open.
- Do same for all food and make several packets
- Take a big plastic zip-top bag, then put all the small bags into the larger zip-lock bag.
- Do the same process and lastly use the straw method on the big bag.
- Open the big bag take all the small bags out and lock each fully.
It works well likely similar to the vacuum sealing machine.
♦ Way 3
A hassle free process is, use of microwave. You can easily vacuum seal by following the simple steps.
- Simply cover the food with the zip-lock bag.
- Throw leftovers in a zip-lock bag and seal it.
- Then nuke the thing for height 30 seconds which will remove all of the oxygen out of the zip-lock bag.
- Pick it out from microwave and lock it.
That is the easiest way for vacuum sealing. Those are the three easiest way for vacuum sealing at home with a minimum cost. No machine is need now to preserve your food by vacuum sealing. Use the home tips and enjoy.